Most banana bread recipes are packed full of sugar so it’s more like having a slice of cake for breakfast. Not the breakfast of champions we encourage 🙁 But don’t worry, we have your back! This Vegan Banana Bread recipe is a great alternative for those who have a dairy allergy or love banana bread but want a guilt free alternative. Great served warm!
Cinnamon Spiced Vegan Banana Bread (12 servings):
1 1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas (about 3 large, 4 medium)
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour (or gluten free combinations work here too)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Chopped nuts such as walnuts or dried fruit (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2) Combine and mix wet ingredients in a large bowl.
3) Combine and mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
4) Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until combined (don’t over mix). If adding any nuts or dried fruit, mix in now.
5) Bake for approx 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6) Cool thoroughly on a baking rack before slicing and enjoy!